Using public chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TauGam

Reaction score
Last month, I drove about 450kW. During the summer, I could usually complete the trip without stopping to charge. However, this time, the charging rate was only 44kW. I've had success restarting the charger at this station in the past to increase the rate to 88 kilowatts. But this time, even after a few attempts and encountering charger faults, I couldn't get it above 44kW. I tried another charging station and was able to start at 128kW, eventually reaching 132kW. I got a 50% charge in just 30 minutes, which was amazing!

Have you tried using a different charging network or app to see if the problem persists? Sometimes, different networks or apps can have varying compatibility with specific vehicles or charging stations.

Last month, I drove about 450kW. During the summer, I could usually complete the trip without stopping to charge. However, this time, the charging rate was only 44kW. I've had success restarting the charger at this station in the past to increase the rate to 88 kilowatts. But this time, even after a few attempts and encountering charger faults, I couldn't get it above 44kW. I tried another charging station and was able to start at 128kW, eventually reaching 132kW. I got a 50% charge in just 30 minutes, which was amazing!
It’s super frustrating when a charging station doesn’t do its job, right? Well, ya know, not all chargers are created equal - some are old and slow, while others can get bogged down when too many cars are plugging in at once. But you know what? It’s awesome that you found a reliable charger on your journey. Getting a 50% charge in just half an hour? That’s pretty impressive!

I remember a trip where I had to charge at a station that was only giving me a low rate, and it was frustrating. I’ve had luck restarting chargers before, but like you, sometimes it just doesn’t work. Switching to another station can make all the difference; getting that quick 50% charge in just 30 minutes is such a relief.

Back