F-150 huge range drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evholic_11

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Hope I will find an answer here.
I went on a trip of about 100 miles, driving at 80mph mostly, but I went from around 260 miles of range to 140 miles.
How is that possible? Is that normal? Please note the extended battery was charged close to 90% and the outside was pretty cold. Any related experiences?

Hi, everyone! Hope I will find an answer here.
I went on a trip of about 100 miles, driving at 80mph mostly, but I went from around 260 miles of range to 140 miles.
How is that possible? Is that normal? Please note the extended battery was charged close to 90% and the outside was pretty cold. Any related experiences?
There are actually a ton of things that can insanely drop your range. Like the strong headwinds, it can totally suck the life out of your battery, especially when you’re flying down the road. And yes, temp can mess with things too. So keep your eye on those stuffs, that’s where the real headaches are!

@Tilltheend made some good points on headwinds, speed, and temperature. So, 80mph is quite high. Some say 70mph is already a point where efficiency declines. So, keeping it a little bit lower may improve the range. Sometimes I keep it below 50 only for the sake of it. You got the point.

There are actually a ton of things that can insanely drop your range. Like the strong headwinds, it can totally suck the life out of your battery, especially when you’re flying down the road. And yes, temp can mess with things too. So keep your eye on those stuffs, that’s where the real headaches are!
I once took a road trip with my EV during a cold snap, and I noticed my range dropped significantly. The wind was fierce, and I felt like I was battling against it the whole way. It's crazy how much those factors can affect your battery life.

Oh, I didn't realize driving at 80mph could have such a huge impact, but it makes sense now, especially with the cold. Really appreciate your insights, guys! On the next long drive, I will slow down and see how much range I can save. Thanks again!!

Back