Portable Charger Charging Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore11

Reaction score
So I just got my brand new F150 Lightning and I'm trying to charge it up for the first time with the portable charger. I plugged it in, but the thing keeps pausing on me! I’ve tried unplugging and replugging it, but nada. Anyone out there with portable charger experience? Did I miss some setup step before diving into my first charge?

Badly needed some help here. Thanks in advance!

So I just got my brand new F150 Lightning and I'm trying to charge it up for the first time with the portable charger. I plugged it in, but the thing keeps pausing on me! I’ve tried unplugging and replugging it, but nada. Anyone out there with portable charger experience? Did I miss some setup step before diving into my first charge?

Badly needed some help here. Thanks in advance!
Hey if it’s the 32-amp travel charger, they can be prone to issues. I actually just dropped mine off at the dealer to get it checked because it was acting up too. You can check if there’s a setup step you missed or if the charger itself has a problem.

Hey if it’s the 32-amp travel charger, they can be prone to issues. I actually just dropped mine off at the dealer to get it checked because it was acting up too. You can check if there’s a setup step you missed or if the charger itself has a problem.
My buddy said I should set a charging time to tackle this, so I did. I plugged in the charger, and after a few tries, it finally hooked up! It’s been charging for almost 2 hours now, fingers crossed it keeps going! Thank goodness!

My buddy said I should set a charging time to tackle this, so I did. I plugged in the charger, and after a few tries, it finally hooked up! It’s been charging for almost 2 hours now, fingers crossed it keeps going! Thank goodness!
That’s great to hear! I hope it keeps charging smoothly for you. Setting a charging time is a good way to go, sometimes it’s just about finding the right routine..

Join the F150 Lightning Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back