Installing Ford Charge Station Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benett3.0

Reaction score
I'm planning to install a Ford Charge Station Pro at home, but I'm concerned about overloading my electrical panel. Is it possible to reduce the power draw?

Yup, with FordPass, you have the flexibility to manage your amps effortlessly. So say you setup for 80amps, then you can easily scale down to any lower setting.

So I got this 100 amp line put in and was totally maxing it out until I ran into some weird issues, probably because things were getting a bit too toasty in the summer. Just to be on the safe side, the electrician who set it up came by, checked all the connections, and actually dialed down the output right in the unit, not through an app, which I didn’t know was possible. I think there’s a dial for that, but he took care of it all.

I'm planning to install a Ford Charge Station Pro at home, but I'm concerned about overloading my electrical panel. Is it possible to reduce the power draw?
I remember when I installed my charging station, I was worried about my panel as well. Fortunately, you can usually adjust the amperage settings on the charger itself to match your home's capacity, but you have to consult with a licensed electrician to ensure everything is safe and up to code. It definitely helped me feel more secure about charging at home without risking any overload.

Join the F150 Lightning Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back