Anyone got the Ting gadget for free from their insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrawn2005

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum.

So I just got this email from my insurance peeps about this nifty little gadget called Ting. It’s supposed to sniff out arc faults in your wiring and help keep those house fires away, pretty awesome, yeah? And guess what? They’re giving it to us for FREE, plus three years of monitoring. Major win! I think it’s a great move, especially for us EV folks who are all about that electrical safety life.

Anyone else heard of Ting or had a go with it?

It sounds like a great deal to me. I mean, for free? That's awesome. I have heard some good things about Ting and how it helps detect arc faults that can lead to fires. If you decide to get it, just leave a reply here on how it works for you.

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic offer! Love seeing insurance companies promoting safety tools like this. I haven’t really heard much buzz about it yet, but it definitely sounds promising!

Hello. New to the forum.

So I just got this email from my insurance peeps about this nifty little gadget called Ting. It’s supposed to sniff out arc faults in your wiring and help keep those house fires away, pretty awesome, yeah? And guess what? They’re giving it to us for FREE, plus three years of monitoring. Major win! I think it’s a great move, especially for us EV folks who are all about that electrical safety life.

Anyone else heard of Ting or had a go with it?
I do have some concerns on Ting, I hope it truly delivers on its promise of detecting arc faults, it’s great that they're offering it for free, but I'd be curious about the long-term reliability and accuracy of it.

I do have some concerns on Ting, I hope it truly delivers on its promise of detecting arc faults, it’s great that they're offering it for free, but I'd be curious about the long-term reliability and accuracy of it.
I feel you! After all, it is part of tech. It is always good to be cautious with new technology.

@Thrawn2005 Are you going for it?

Join the F150 Lightning Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back